Languages for adduser

Support for our phpBB 3.1.x Extensions.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HAZET
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Languages for adduser

Postby HAZET » 26 Jul 2016, 16:35

Hi,

I noticed you removed all languages but English from https://github.com/phpbbmodders/phpbb-3.1-ext-adduser. Did you have any particular reason? I had suggested some changes to the German translation and was disappointed to see them gone.

I'd be willing and able to help you with translations from English to German. Let me know.

Best
Henrik

bonelifer
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Languages for adduser

Postby bonelifer » 30 Jul 2016, 21:43

RMcGirr83 is in charge of those decisions. Basically you should post your work to the phpBB CDB support tab: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/159636 Having non-English languages in the repository means we are stuck with old translations when we update extensions if the translator disappears. The easiest way for us is to allow them to be posted to a sticky in the CDB support tab for the extension. We don't have to try and hunt down translators or find new ones in order to do a new release. It's up to the translators to post their new file in the sticky. Literally RMcGirr83 is the only team coder here right now. I'm not a coder and I just host and maintain the site.

HAZET

Re: Languages for adduser

Postby HAZET » 31 Jul 2016, 20:49

Okay, thanks. Sounds. Logical. I will try to understand the system and post my translation.
I am not that great a coder myself. But I will see how I can contribute, I am quite good at debugging.

Return to “Extension Support”