MOD team

Found a bug? Miss something? Want to leave a comment about this site?
Then this is the forum to post in.
Forum rules
No phpBB Support in this Forum! If you want support for your forum, go .
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CarpCharacin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MOD team

Postby CarpCharacin » 07 Oct 2016, 13:57

Shouldn't MOD team be changed to extensions team?

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Re: MOD team

Postby Sniper_E » 07 Oct 2016, 16:19

MOD stands for Moderator
ADMIN stands for Administrator

The MOD you are referring to stands for Modification / now Extension or EXT

Now the name phpBB Modders you may have something there.
I don't think Modders stands for Moderators.?
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

CarpCharacin

Postby CarpCharacin » 07 Oct 2016, 17:14

The MOD team rank image has a PHP icon on it. I don't think that phpbbmodders stands for moderators. Mods can stand for moderators, but i think it stands for Modifications. I think that phpbbmodders sounds better than phpbbextenders.

Random American

Postby Random American » 21 Mar 2020, 00:56

I guess it's kept that way for archival reasons. This is where MODs were developed, and they were the predecessor to extentions.

Sniper_E
MOD Team
MOD Team

Postby Sniper_E » 19 Oct 2020, 03:13

Yes I think you're right, modders stand for modification and not for moderators or mods. Modifications can be for mods and extentions. So when switching to extensions the name still works. Only the boss knows for sure.

Your question was about the MOD team. That means moderator team to me. But to your question, I don't see why phpbbmodders name would need to be changed.
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!™

Return to “phpBB Modders”